Men come in all shapes and sizes – and so do their penalties. And, no matter what the porn industry may tell us, in most cases, penis size really does not matter in terms of sexual fulfillment. (Penis care and skill, of course, does matter.) But just because penis size is not the be-all and end-all when it comes to sex does not mean that guys with a larger penis size do not need some special tips . So for any men with a thicker-than-typical penis, the following may prove helpful.
So what constitutes a “wide” penis? That's up for some debate, but a recent study found that the average circumference of an erect penis was about four and a half inches. So anything, say, five inches or greater would probably qualify as a wide penis size.
So for those five inches and up, it pays to keep the following in mind:
– A wide penis may cause concern at first. When most people think of a big penis size, they imagine a very long penis. When a woman sees a very thick penis, she may be a little taken aback, as in many ways it is easier for a vagina to accommodate a long penis than a thick penis. With girth, there's need for the vagina to stretch open more. In reality, most vaginas can accommodate a penalty of almost any width – but a guy of major width may need to be prepared for a little hesitation on the part of a new partner.
– Lubricant is your best friend. Sufficient lubrication is key to most successful sexual encounters, but it is especially important when one's penis size is extra-wide. While the bodies in play while create their own natural lubricant, in many cases that simply is not enough. Do not be afraid to apply lots of lubricant to get started – and be prepared to re-apply if the encounter goes on for a length of period of time.
– Do not skimp on foreplay. While lubrication is important, so is foreplay. Gently rubbing and stroking one's partner and engaging in cuddling and kissing is always a good idea, but never moreso than when width is a factor. For a new partner, this can also help insure her that the man with the girth will be a gentle and respectful lover and ease anxieties about being rough handled by the substantive package between the legs.
– Seek out a good-fitting condom. Many men of a larger penis size have difficulty finding condoms that fit appropriately. Guys who have not already found the best fit for them should buy a range of XL or XXL condoms and try them on. It's important to find the “Goldilocks” fit – not too loose, not too tight, as well as not too long or too short.
– Experiment with positions. Every couple has their own needs and preferences when it comes to positions, but many wide-endowed men find that letting the woman be in charge of choosing positions can be helpful. That way she can control the angle and rate of penetration. One tip: many women find that positions in which their legs are spread wide make it easier to accomodate greater girth.
Whatever one's penis size, whether wide or thin, long or short, a guy needs to pay strict attention to his penis care. Regular application of a superior penis health creme (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help. The best cremes should include a wide range of vitamins – A, B5, C, D and E, for example – which, being applied topically to the penis, can more directly provide their benefits. Men should also make sure that the selected crème includes L-arginine, an amino acid which plays a key role in the creation of nitric oxide – and therefore helps ensure that penis blood vessels are receptive to an increased blood flow when needed.