The sexual world inhabited by a couple is a beautiful and fascinating thing – and one that should not be self-limited by the participants. Intercourse is, of course, a huge part of that world, as well it should be. Many couples include oral or anal sex in the mix as well. But surprisingly, masturbation is not generally included as an activity for both members to share. Sure, each partner may engage in private masturbation (with men often including that as part of their regular penis care routine), but many couples never masturbate in front of or with each other. Yet much can be learned from this activity. Perhaps a couple might feel more comfortable if they explored mutually masturbating in the context of a game.
If masturbation is viewed as a game between two partners, it can help to take a little of the “edge” off of trying it initially. And once a couple gets used to masturbating together, they may find that they want to include the activity as a more regular part of their sex lives.
Games people play
So what games can couples play engaging masturbation? There can be quite a few, actually.
– Masturbation dice. A pair of dice can be used to create any number of masturbation games. For example, a partner rolls the dice. If it is even, the man starts masturbating; if it is odd, the woman. That person must continue masturbating until their partner's “side” is rolled.
– Stroking cards. As with dice, there are many different games a couple can create using playing cards. One simple game is for one partner to turn over the top card of a deck and for the other partner to stroke or rub their genitals the number of times indicated on a card. (For example, a 4 of clubs would mean stroking or rubbing 4 times.) Play continues until orgasm or until the couple decides to dispense with the cards and keep masturbating or engaging in another form of sex.
Alternately, a couple can play a game like Crazy 8s, but arrange for one person to keep masturbating as long as red cards are played and for the other to do the same when black suits are played.
– Music fun. Go to a website that plays songs or music videos and set it to play at random. Pick a system for which partner masturbates when. For example, if a solo male performances, the guy masturbates; if a solo female, the girl does. And if it's a band each partner masturbates.
– Binge masturbate. When catching up on that hot series everyone's talking about, why not masturbate as well? A couple can easily determine what the rules are. For example, the male masturbates when a female character talks and vice versa. Or if a show has multiple storylines, decide during which one each partner must masturbate.
– Time it. Simplicity itself. Take an egg timer and turn it over. One partner masturbates until the sand runs out, then turns it over and the other partner does likewise. The same can be done with an electric timer, too, of course.
– Naked ping pong. Those with a ping pong table can strip down and play ping pong, but each participant must be masturbating at the same time. Many other games, such as checkers or any board game, can be adapted similarly.
Of course, many couples will need no game in order to begin exploring masturbation together – and that's great, too.
Whether using a game or not, men will need to be careful not to get over-aggressive during a masturbation session (solo or with a partner). But if a rubbed raw penis occurs, applying a superior penal health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) is urgent. Select a crème with both a high-end emollient (such as Shea butter) and a natural hydrator (such as vitamin E) to soothe that overworked penis skin. And be sure the crème also includes L-carnitine, a neuroprotective agent that can help restore sensitivity lost from rough handling of the penis.