Maintaining a healthy penis is not especially difficult or time-consuming – but even if it were, it would be worth it. A little investment in penal health pays off in an organ that is high functioning and ready to provide pleasure, as well as fulfill its everyday functions without problems. One thing that helps to ensure a healthy penis is providing it with the proper nutrients – and one of the most important of these is good old vitamin C.
Not just OJ
The “orange juice vitamin” certainly has one of the highest name recognition values of any vitamin. But how much does the average man really know about vitamin C?
Way back in 1550 BC, the Greeks described a disease that we now know as scurvy, which comes from lack of vitamin C. They claimed food for it, which is sensible – onions do have a decent amount of vitamin C in them. But it was not until the late 1700s that citrus fruits were recommended for fighting scurvy, a disease especially among sailors who often went for months without a good source of fruit. And it was not until 1932 that the ingredient we know as vitamin C was isolated and named ascorbic acid.
Since that time, vitamin C has grown in popularity and its importance in a person's diet is well-known.
But what are some of the benefits of vitamin C that men may be especially interested in? In other words, how does taking vitamin C help result in a healthy penis?
The healthy penis connection
There are several ways that vitamin C helps ensure a healthy penis, some directly and some indirectly.
– Collagen production. Vitamin C helps produce collagen, a connective tissue that helps hold muscles, bones and other tissues together. Collagen plays a major role in the process by which the penis is able to stretch its skin during the erectile process.
– Blood vessel health. This wonderful vitamin also helps keep blood vessels in better health. Why is this important to the penis? Because blood vessels that are open and receptive to blood increases are essential for an erection to occur.
– Libido. At least one study has found that men who took vitamin C supplements had sex more frequently. While this is still an area which needs to be studied, these initial results suggest a role in plumping up the sex drive for some men.
– Lowers cortisol. Studies suggest that vitamin C lowers cortisol, which in turn tend to lower stress levels in a person. Men who are less stressed tend to experience more successful and more satisfying sexual function.
– Protects skin. Vitamin C helps protect and repair skin, including the thin, tender penis skin. Since penis skin covers the nerve endings that create sensations of pleasure in the penis, it's important that penis skin is kept free of damage and wear.
– Boosts immunity. The stronger the immune system, the more resilient a person's overall health. When a man is in better health, his penile function is also less likely to be impaired. Thank vitamin C for helping to keep the immune system functioning properly.
Vitamin C is definitely a big plus when it comes to maintaining a vibrant, healthy penis. That's one reason why every man should regularly apply a first class penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) . Naturally, the best of these crèmes will have vitamin C, which qualities have already been extolled. But the crème should also include vitamin B5, also known as pantothenic acid, which is required for cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy tissue. The best crème will also have L-carnitine. This amino acid has neuroprotective properties than enable it to protect against a loss of sensation, which can occur when the penis is handled too rough. A de-sensitized penis is far from a healthy penis!