Most guys certainly do not need a special occasion for masturbation, but for those who do – or who just want a legitimate excuse to up their own-fondling game – May is specifically designated as masturbation month. It's a good time to celebrate getting along with themselves and for those who are more “above board” about their masturbation, to come clean and make no bones about the fact that masturbation is an important part of their lives. (And, of course, it can play a role in helping maintain penis health by exercising the penis and keeping it in good shape.) But if a guy is going to go all out and celebrate masturbation month with as much self-pleasuring as he can, some handy preparation tips are in order.
– Know the limits. Sure, it can be wonderful fun to abandon oneself and really get into masturbating in a big way. But guys need to know their limits. If they tend to masturbate for a few minutes every once in a while, it's probably not best to jump in to masturbating for hours on end. If a guy really wants to explore marathon masturbation sessions during May, he should work his way into it, starting slow and building up to longer sessions.
– Be sure to lubricate. It is hard to emphasize this enough. Rubbing oneself raw can be a painful experience – and can keep a guy from masturbating while the red, raw penis recovers. Using a good lubricant and reapplying it as needed is absolutely crucial. Some guys tend to use their saliva when masturbating, but for a long session, something more is likely going to be needed. Take the time to get a good lubricant; the penis reads it.
– Seek visual assistance. Some guys masturbate using only their own mental facilities to create arousal, and that's great. But if a guy is thinking about masturbating more often or for longer periods of time, he may need some “outside assistance” in the form of erotic literature, pornographic pictures, adult films, etc.
– Consider others. Celebrating masturbation is a wonderful thing – but it's important to keep in mind that others may not be as open to the idea. Talking about masturbation is one thing, but providing unwanted pictures or opening the door for the pizza delivery guy while being handy is not acceptable.
– Think about explorations. Masturbation month is a good time to explore new facets of self-stimulation. This may mean exploring different ways of masturbating, incorporating sex toys into masturbation or finding new sexual fantasies, scenes or visuals to utilize. Some guys may take this opportunity to explore masturbation with another person or persons, online or in a live situation. Stretching boundaries can be very good for a person, but it needs to still practice appropriate caution to prevent any unwanted consequences.
Getting handy with oneself during masturbation month is an opportunity for a man to learn more about his penis and his desires. His journey will be made easier if the penis is already in its best health, something which is easier to accomplish through the daily application of a top drawer penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) . It's very easy, during masturbation month, for a man to get overenthusiastic and end up with a very sore penis. In such cases, a crème with a potent combination of moisturizers, such as Shea butter (a high-end emollient) and vitamin E (a natural hydrator) can provide much-needed relief. Ideally the crème should also include alpha lipoic acid, a powerful antioxidant which helps prevent oxidative stress and damage by tackling unwanted excess free radicals.