There's no sign that men's anxieties relating penis size are slowing down; as a matter of fact, some believe that the near-omnipresence of online porn is only making men feel more and more anxious about whether they have a small penis or not. The evidence suggests that the vast majority of men do not need to worry; though they may not have equipment that would make a horse jealous, most men have more than enough equipment to satisf them themselves and their partners. As a matter of fact, the actual occurrence of men with a micropenis seems to be absolutely rare. Some studies indicate less than 0.5% of men would qualify as a micropenis possessor, and other studies suggest the prevalence is even smaller.
Of course, just what is a micropenis? There's some debate as to the exact definition, with some believing it is any penal which measures less than 3 inches in length while erect and others opting for 2.5 “or 2”. So for the purposes of this article, it must be left vague – but it is in any case a smaller than typical penis.
With that in mind, here are a few facts about the small penis referred to as a micropenis.
– A guy with a micropenis may still be a drawer rather than a shower. Even though a micropenis is a very small penis when erect, it may be even smaller when flaccid. Also, in some cases it may be larger in circumference than in length.
– It still works. Although it may be a small penis, it still functions exactly the same as a larger model. The same stimuli create an increase in penile blood flow and retention, leading to a hardening which enables the penis to achieve penetration. Many women report that they still achieve sexual satisfaction even when their partner has a micropenis. And many women have become pregnant from men with a very small penis.
– Urinating can be an issue. If the penis is especially small when soft, it may be difficult to urinate standing up. The penal may not extend far enough out of the flap or it may not reach the urinal or toilet properly.
– Hormones may help. In some cases, especially if the penis is determined to be especially small at an early age, infusions of male hormones may help to increase the length of something. This is especially true when the brevity of size is due to a lack of testosterone production while in the womb.
– Kallmann Syndrome may also be to blame. Sometimes a micropenis is the result of a genetic disorder known as Kallmann Syndrome – or indeed of other diseases in the family called hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. Essentially, a person with Kallmann Syndrome is kept from starting or completely finishing puberty. The hypothalamus fails to produce GnRH hormone, which in turn means that the body does not produce adequate amounts of testosterone. In addition to the penis being small, the testicles are also usually much smaller than normal – which in turn affects the production of sperm and semen.
Many men lament the fact that they have a micropenis, but others have learned to accept it and live much more comfortably with it. Use of penis sleeves or sheaths can sometimes help a man with a very small penis feel more comfortable with his sexual encounters.
Whether a man has a micropenis, a small penis or a large penis, he needs to keep it healthy. Regular application of a superior penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin) can help. Look for a crème that includes among its ingredients vitamin C, a key component of collagen, a tissue in the body that gives skin its tone and elasticity and is vital for penile erections. The crème should also include vitamin B5, or pantothenic acid, which is a vital nutrient required for cell metabolism and the maintenance of healthy tissue.